WYDAC Client Service teams utilise professionally qualified, on the ground and local staff to provide early intervention, counselling and rehabilitation support for Warlpiri youth at risk. These issues may variously include drugs and alcohol, relationship and family violence, suicidal ideation, criminal behaviour, depression, neglect and sexual health, all which impact on a young person’s sense of safety and wellbeing.
The program applies a wide range of professional, evidence-based and culturally appropriate activities to promote individual, family and community health and well-being. There is a strong partnership between the WYDAC Client and Youth Service teams, all ultimately focused on positive pathways for young Warlpiri people.
Yuendumu/WWK Client Services
- Case management of at risk clients based in Yuendumu – community and agency referrals
- On call services and crisis response
- Education Prevention activities to Yuendumu
Outreach Client Services
- Case management to Willowra, Nyirrpi and Lajamanu at-risk youth and to Warlpiri youth in Alice Springs and other nearby communities based on demand and resource availability;
- Education Prevention activities to Nyirrpi, Willowra and Lajamanu
Mt Theo Outstation
- Take young at-risk Warlpiri people to the remote Mt Theo Outstation to provide cultural respite, rehabilitation and professional case management in a healing country.
- Provide young people with a stable, supportive and positive environment to re-engage with culture, health, education and family relationships
- Direct care and education by Warlpiri Elders
- Aftercare transition to other WYDAC services